Virtual Design Workshops
In mid-April, we will be co-hosting a series of themed virtual Design Workshops with the joint venture partnership of the MST Partnership and CLC. The workshops will be an opportunity to discuss and refine the Emerging Site Planning Ideas, which are focused on the following topic areas:
- Natural Systems and Open Space
- Connections and Mobility
- Inclusive Neighbourhood
- Sustainability and Resilience
The workshops will consist of a presentation, followed by small facilitated group discussions. They are an opportunity for you to learn about the Emerging Site Planning Ideas, discuss with community members, and share your thoughts with City staff and the landowners’ design team.
We will also be co-hosting Kick-Off and Wrap-Up events that will introduce the workshops and the process, as well as report out on the findings. The Kick-off and Wrap-Up events will bookend the themed workshops.
Register for the virtual Design Workshops:
Space is limited and all of the workshops will require registration. Follow the links below to secure your place at one or more of the events. If you are interested in participating in multiple workshops, make sure to register for only one workshop per theme (e.g. only one of the two Natural Systems and Open Space workshops). The content in the two sessions will be the same. As space at the workshops is limited we would like to make sure that as many people as possible get an opportunity to participate.
Saturday, April 10, 2021
- Kick-Off Event - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (Watch a video of the event)
Monday, April 12, 2021
- Natural Systems and Open Space - 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm (register for workshop)
- Connections and Mobility - 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (register for workshop)
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Inclusive Neighbourhood - 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm (register for workshop)
- Sustainability and Resilience - 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (register for workshop)
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- Connections and Mobility - 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm (register for workshop)
- Natural Systems and Open Space - 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (register for workshop)
Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Sustainability and Resilience - 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm (register for workshop)
- Inclusive Neighbourhood - 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (register for workshop)
Monday, April 19, 2021
- Wrap-Up Event - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm (register for event)
Before attending a workshop, we encourage you to take a few moments to read the Discussion Guide that relates to the theme being discussed at that workshop. You can find a link to the Discussion Guides in the recent update below (see Emerging Site Planning Ideas and Discussion Guides). If you don't have the time, don't worry! The Emerging Ideas will be covered during the introduction presentations.
If you are unable to attend the workshops, but would like to share your thoughts, you still have an opportunity to provide feedback on the Emerging Site Planning Ideas. You can read one, some, or all of the Discussion Guides and learn about the Emerging Site Planning Ideas in each document. Once you have read the Discussion Guide, you can provide feedback on a topic area via our surveys (view Discussion Guide surveys).