Revised project goals
The project goals were revised based on public feedback in Phase 1.
- Support our climate emergency efforts by enabling more trips via sustainable transportation
- Make walking, rolling, and cycling across the bridge accessible, safe, and comfortable for all ages and abilities
- Provide direct and intuitive walking, rolling, and cycling connections to key destinations and the sustainable transportation network
- Create a special place that provides an enjoyable experience for all
- Enable reliable transit and continued access for emergency vehicles
- Accommodate motor vehicles, considering the bridge’s role in the regional transportation network
- Integrate means prevention to deter self-harm
- Incorporate environmental features, including provisions for rainwater management and wildlife habitat
- Design for the future, considering compatibility with related projects and flexibility to adapt as the city grows
- Provide value for money and maximize coordination opportunities
The goals are important because they help inform the criteria to evaluate and compare different options.
Consultation has concluded