5590 Victoria Drive rezoning application

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link


We would like your feedback on a rezoning application at 5590 Victoria Dr. The proposal is to allow for the development of a six-storey mixed-use building. The zoning would change from C-2 (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. This proposal includes:

  • 54 social housing units
  • Two commercial retail spaces at grade
  • A floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.37
  • A gross floor area of 4381.15 sq. m (47,158.30 sq. ft.)
  • A building height of 22.25 m (73 ft.)
  • 25 vehicle parking spaces (including 1 car share space) and 145 bicycle parking spaces

The application is being considered under the Kensington-Cedar Cottage Community Vision.

In response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we will be holding an extended online question and answer (Q&A) period in place of an in-person open house for this project.



Virtual open house: March 29 to April 18, 2021

Browse the video walkthrough and documents, then ask questions and send your comments below.


We would like your feedback on a rezoning application at 5590 Victoria Dr. The proposal is to allow for the development of a six-storey mixed-use building. The zoning would change from C-2 (Commercial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. This proposal includes:

  • 54 social housing units
  • Two commercial retail spaces at grade
  • A floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.37
  • A gross floor area of 4381.15 sq. m (47,158.30 sq. ft.)
  • A building height of 22.25 m (73 ft.)
  • 25 vehicle parking spaces (including 1 car share space) and 145 bicycle parking spaces

The application is being considered under the Kensington-Cedar Cottage Community Vision.

In response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we will be holding an extended online question and answer (Q&A) period in place of an in-person open house for this project.



Virtual open house: March 29 to April 18, 2021

Browse the video walkthrough and documents, then ask questions and send your comments below.

Q&A is available from March 29 to April 18, 2021.

 Q&A replaces in-person open houses, which are on hold due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

 We post all questions as-is and aim to respond within two business days.

Q&A

loader image
Didn't receive confirmation?
Seems like you are already registered, please provide the password. Forgot your password? Create a new one now.
  • Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link

    Where will everyone park? Is all the housing social housing?

    A&P asked 10 days ago

    Transportation:

    • For this proposed rental development, there are lower base vehicle parking requirements that allow the flexibility for developments to provide parking based on anticipated market demand. This is appropriate as it reduces expenses, and subsequent housing costs, related to requiring excessive amounts of parking and the cost required to construct the additional parking.
    • Reduced parking supply proposed typically results in reduced vehicle ownership for this type of development as not all residents will own vehicles.
    • This development will meet the By-Law requirements for required parking.
    • The development is located in an area with excellent access to transit on 41st Avenue, and Victoria Drive.
    • This development will provide facilities and systems that encourage walking, cycling, and transit as preferred modes of transportation. 
    • Other transportation options available encourage transportation by other modes and reduce demand for vehicle ownership.
    • This development is in alignment with the goals and principles of the City’s Climate Emergency Response and Transportation 2040.


    Social Housing:

    This project meets the City’s definition of social housing as 30% of the units will be occupied by residents with household incomes levels below a maximum threshold set by BC Housing (HILs). Those homes are available to people with qualifying household incomes. The remaining 70% of the units will be at market rental rates with no income qualifying required.